Initially, you are required to complete and submit an Application form for a Bookmaker’s Permit accompanied by the following:
- A Permit Fee of Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($200,000.00) payable to the Betting, Gaming & Lotteries Commission
- Certified copies of the Bookmaker’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation
- A statement showing the names and addresses of the directors and secretary of the company and of the persons in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors are accustomed to act and whether or not such persons are citizens of and resident in Jamaica.
- A statement showing the authorized capital, the issued capital, the paid-up capital, and a list of the names, addresses and occupations of the person who are shareholders in the company at the time of the application and whether or not such persons are citizens of and residents in Jamaica.
- Last audited Financial Statement, if not yet available, in-house financial statements.
- Opening Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Documentary evidence to substantiate the filing of Income Tax Returns for the company and its directors.
Please note that the Commission will conduct due diligence investigations on all shareholders/directors associated with the Bookmaking Company in order to satisfy itself that these persons are ‘fit and proper, as outlined in Section 7(1) (2B) of the Betting Gaming and Lotteries (2010) Amendment Act.